Course Schedule: 1 pm - 5 pm.
State ‘G’ Certificate Coaching Course is FREE for Georgia Soccer Members and $50 for Non-Members. Aimed at coaches and parents of U-6 and U-8 players. The course is four hours long and provides fun activities that enhance players’ skill development. Attendance is required to receive the ‘G’ certificate.
Starting in summer 2013, there are two ways a candidate can take the ‘G’ course:
1. The ‘G’ course can be taken in the traditional way by attending the 4 hour course (the traditional ‘G’ course starts with a two hour classroom theory session and followed by a two hour field session).
2. Or, candidates can do the theory portion of the course online and complete the course by attending the 2 hour field session portion of a traditional ‘G’ course.
Attending the Traditional ‘G’ course
If you choose to attend the traditional complete 4 hour course, please scroll down and find the section titled: How To Register For A Coaching Course and follow instructions.
Doing the online Theory portion first
If you choose to do the online theory portion first, you will have to go through the following steps:
1. Sign up on the US Youth Soccer site to do the online portion.
2. Complete the online theory portion. You will have the option of completing the theory portion in one go or doing it a few chapters at a time over a maximum of a 3 months span.
3. Once you complete the online course, you will be instructed to sign up for the two hour field portion by selecting the location from the list of available courses. Please note that the list of available course locations will be regularly updated throughout the summer/winter. If you do not see a course location that is convenient for you once you complete the online portion, keep checking the list for a better location.
4. Attend the two hour field portion of the course. For example, if the traditional ‘G’ course is from 9am to 1pm, you only need to show up at 11am and attend the field portion, which will go from 11am to 1pm.
To start the online theory portion sign up process, please click here